Advanced Moodle Grading Calculation from "If" excel statement

Advanced Moodle Grading Calculation from "If" excel statement

by Ty Travis -
Number of replies: 1

My name is Ty Travis.   I'm the Director of eLearning at Arizona Medical Training Institute in Mesa, AZ.  We are working to use moodle for our school's gradebook and I am tasked with finding an equation that will take the place of the "If" "then" statement from excel that we currently use. Our grading works as follows: A student must get an 80% or higher to pass their test. They get 1 retake opportunity. If the average of their tests is 80% or higher they get that average. If the average of the tests is below 80% but the second test score is higher than 80% then the grade becomes 80%. In excel we do this referencing the fields in this formula: =IF(AP6="";"";IF(R6<0.8;AP6;LARGE((AP6~$AA$2);1))). Any thoughts or know anyone who would be willing to help?

In reply to Ty Travis

Re: Advanced Moodle Grading Calculation from "If" excel statement

by Marty Soupcoff -

I don't know how you have categories or items named so I can't give an exact formula but maybe this forum post will push you on the right route. It was another user I was working with that was looking to do something similar. Their formula is near the bottom of their post and just in case I explained how it works in my response below that.

Happy Moodle Logooodling!