Empty 'role' list when configuring cohort sync in course enrolment methods

Empty 'role' list when configuring cohort sync in course enrolment methods

by Stephen D -
Number of replies: 2

I have created a course and want to configure cohort sync for enroling learners of a particular cohort on that course automatically. I have set up the cohort and assigned users to it. In my admin settings (as an administrator) I have set the default role for cohort sync to be student. When I login as a trainer and go to course admin -> users ->enrolment methods I am able to select the cohort I created but the role menu is empty with no options and this is a required field so I am unable to proceed. I have installed moodle 2.2.3

any ideas what is wrong?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stephen D

Re: Empty 'role' list when configuring cohort sync in course enrolment methods

by Stephen D -

I have found out that if I create a new course I am able to enrol cohorts using cohort sync. there are some courses which I have restored using backup and restore from another moodle installation. For these courses my trainer role is not able to enrol users with cohort sync because they cannot see any roles in the roles drop-down menu that appears when you are trying to configure cohort-sync for the course.

Attachment moodle_cohort_error1.jpg
In reply to Stephen D

Re: Empty 'role' list when configuring cohort sync in course enrolment methods

by Stephen D -

Here is a screenshot of trying to configure cohort-sync for a course. The user  that I am logged in with has a trainer role which is a system role and is a participant in this course. The course was imported from another moodle install. As stated above when I use this user to create a new course I amable to configure cohort-sync no problem so it appears to be an issue with the imported courses only.

Attachment moodle_cohort_error2.jpg