Installation problems and warning messages

Installation problems and warning messages

by Céline Godet -
Number of replies: 3

Hi

I'm trying to install Moodle and I have a lot of warning messages preventing me from configuring it. My web host is Free and I'm using the mysql database it provides. I tried Moodle locally with easyphp and everything was ok.

Here is the first warning message I get when I'm asked to choose a language :

Warning: Unknown(): open(/var/www/free.fr/f/c/intercom5/sessions/sess_5a99a55aea4cc85b784a6ec55628d78c, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Then when I click on next, I get a whole list of warning messages such as :

Warning: file_exists(): Unable to access /lang/en/install.php in /var/www/free.fr/f/c/intercom5/moodle/lib/moodlelib.php on line 2310

Warning: file_exists(): Unable to access /mod/install/lang/en/install.php in /var/www/free.fr/f/c/intercom5/moodle/lib/moodlelib.php on line 2322

When I transferred the files with ftp, it said that there was a problem with the files moodle/lang/en/fonts/default.ttf and moodle/lang/pl/admin.php

Thanks for your help in advance,

CG

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Céline Godet

Re: Installation problems and warning messages

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Bonjour
Vous n'arriverez pas à faire tourner Moodle chez free. En effet, bien qu'on puisse y exécuter du PHP on n'a pas accès au paramétrage CHMOD.
Joseph_R
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Céline Godet -
Bonjour,

Merci pour votre réponse. Quels fournisseurs d'accès gratuits qui fonctionneraient avec Moodle puis-je utiliser ?

Merci

In reply to Céline Godet

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Je n'en connais pas. Il faut probablement passer par un fournisseur payant.
Joseph_R