Upgrade stops at confirm plugin check

Upgrade stops at confirm plugin check

by Al Bay -
Number of replies: 6

Good day,

I am currently upgrading from 1.9.18 to 2.0.9 (with the aim to further upgrade to 2.2.3). However when it reaches the page http://(moodlepath)/admin/index.php?confirmupgrade=1&confirmrelease=1&confirmplugincheck=1 it works for  a really long time and nothing comes up on the page. If I try to reload the page, the message "Site is being upgraded, please retry later. " Any thoughts on this problem?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Al Bay

Re: Upgrade stops at confirm plugin check

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Switch on debugging. There's various ways to do this but personally I would...

* roll your own config.php for Moodle 2 by copying config-dist.php to config.php.
* Transfer the relevent database etc. values from your 1.9 config.php to the new file
* Scroll down to section 8 and uncomment the debugging stuff as required.

The 'please try later' thing is a bit odd - have you definitely got a reliable connection to your server? You could also try the command line upgrade (assuming this is the web based one)
In reply to Howard Miller

by Jochen Klösgen -

Hello,

a similar error appeared while installing moodle 2.2.2+ on my debian web server, and the same again after a new so far error-free installation with a fresh 2.2.3+ download:

when plugincheck came to the course overview plugin, it left a blank page.

switching on debugging result:

Warning: require_once(HTML/QuickForm.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [...]/html/moodle/lib/formslib.php on line 43 Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'HTML/QuickForm.php' (include_path='.') in [...]/html/moodle/lib/formslib.php on line 43

Any guess how this happened and what to do now?

Found that file at 'pear/HTML/QuickForm.php' and put absolute paths in some require_once calls, but that only helped through the plugin check and didn't get moodle to work.

Thanks for every answer...

In reply to Jochen Klösgen

by Russ Licht -

Any clues on how you've solved this?  I'm having the same problem.

In reply to Jochen Klösgen

by Russ Licht -

Any clues on how you got past this roadblock? I am experiencing the same. with a fresh install of 2.2.3.

In reply to Russ Licht

by Richard Lian -

I Often get the same issue. I simply just wait and refresh the page every so often.

After a while it carries on fine. This happens a few times during the

It does complete ok for me but can take a while to run through

In reply to Russ Licht

by Russ Licht -

OK, here is what I have found to work:

"pear search DHTMLRules" produces the following:

Retrieving data...0%
Matched packages, channel pear.php.net:
=======================================
Package                            Stable/(Latest) Local
HTML_QuickForm_DHTMLRulesTableless 0.3.3 (beta)          DHTML replacement for the standard JavaScript alert window for client-side
                                                           validation using the tableless renderer

Then, "pear install HTML_QuickForm_DHTMLRulesTableless" gets me the following hint:

Failed to download pear/HTML_QuickForm_DHTMLRulesTableless within preferred state "stable", latest release is version 0.3.3, stability "beta", use "channel://pear.php.net/HTML_QuickForm_DHTMLRulesTableless-0.3.3" to install
install failed

Still following the bread crumps listed above, I tried "pear install channel://pear.php.net/HTML_QuickForm_DHTMLRulesTableless-0.3.3" and found:

Failed to download pear/HTML_QuickForm_Renderer_Tableless within preferred state "stable", latest release is version 0.6.2, stability "beta", use "channel://pear.php.net/HTML_QuickForm_Renderer_Tableless-0.6.2" to install
WARNING: "pear/HTML_QuickForm_Controller" is deprecated in favor of "pear/HTML_QuickForm2"
Did not download optional dependencies: pear/HTML_QuickForm_Controller, use --alldeps to download automatically
pear/HTML_QuickForm_DHTMLRulesTableless requires package "pear/HTML_QuickForm_Renderer_Tableless" (version >= 0.4.0)
pear/HTML_QuickForm_DHTMLRulesTableless can optionally use package "pear/HTML_QuickForm_Controller" (version >= 1.0.7)
No valid packages found
install failed

The successful sequence of Pear install commands is:

"pear install channel://pear.php.net/HTML_QuickForm_Renderer_Tableless-0.6.2" with these results:

WARNING: "pear/HTML_QuickForm" is deprecated in favor of "pear/HTML_QuickForm2"
downloading HTML_QuickForm_Renderer_Tableless-0.6.2.tgz ...
Starting to download HTML_QuickForm_Renderer_Tableless-0.6.2.tgz (7,054 bytes)
.....done: 7,054 bytes
install ok: channel://pear.php.net/HTML_QuickForm_Renderer_Tableless-0.6.2

then

"pear install channel://pear.php.net/HTML_QuickForm_DHTMLRulesTableless-0.3.3" got me the following:

WARNING: "pear/HTML_QuickForm_Controller" is deprecated in favor of "pear/HTML_QuickForm2"
Did not download optional dependencies: pear/HTML_QuickForm_Controller, use --alldeps to download automatically
pear/HTML_QuickForm_DHTMLRulesTableless can optionally use package "pear/HTML_QuickForm_Controller" (version >= 1.0.7)
downloading HTML_QuickForm_DHTMLRulesTableless-0.3.3.tgz ...
Starting to download HTML_QuickForm_DHTMLRulesTableless-0.3.3.tgz (6,396 bytes)
.....done: 6,396 bytes
install ok: channel://pear.php.net/HTML_QuickForm_DHTMLRulesTableless-0.3.3