Gradebook not showing to students after upgrade to 1.9.18

Gradebook not showing to students after upgrade to 1.9.18

by Atanas Radenski -
Number of replies: 6

I did an upgrade from 1.9.17 to 1.9.18 and it all seemed to complete well, until I realzied that the gradebook in only ONE of my courses cannot be seen by students; the gradebook can be seen by students in all other courses. In that specific course, administrators/teachers can see the gradebook but students cannot. I think that during the upgrade, the gradebook has been set to be invisible to students;  now it is set to be visible - yet it cannot be seen by students.

What woudl be the fastest and easiest fix of the problem? Your suggestions would be apprciated.

Atanas

In reply to Atanas Radenski

Re: Gradebook not showing to students after upgrade to 1.9.18

by Marty Soupcoff -

Is the grades link not in the Administration block at all for students? Or can they see the grades link but once they select it they can't see any of their grades?

Happy Moodle Logooodling!

In reply to Marty Soupcoff

by Atanas Radenski -

The grades link is in the administration block for students and they can see it. However, when students select the grades link, they can not see any grades; they can only see a gradebook header. In the course settings, "Show gradebook to students" is currently set to Yes, but I think it might have been set to No during the upgrade (not completely sure though).

Thank you.

Attachment Drade-Book-Capture.JPG
In reply to Atanas Radenski

by Marty Soupcoff -

Ahh check your Categories and Items for hidden grade items. More than likely one of the grade items or the course total is hidden (e.g. the little eyeball icon is closed). In addition, go into the Gradebook > Settings tab and see if you also have the field Hide totals if they contain hidden items set to Hide. This means if you have a hidden item, then it will hide the category total that it is within.

If that doesn't solve the case, can you take a screen shot of your Categories and Items page and of your Grader Report minus the student names.

by Atanas Radenski -

The course total was hidden. Once I made it visible, all grades appeared normally. Problem solved smile Marty, thanks a million!

by Lillie Williams -

Hi Marty, I am having a similar problem but mine is that in some of my courses students are not able to see the grades link or the administration black at all. (This is not the case for every course on the site.) We also have roles for 'registered students' and 'students' and in some courses only 'registered students' can see the grades link in the administration block.

I was wondering if perhaps you might have an idea of what is happening in my site since you asked the question here?

Thank you so much!

In reply to Lillie Williams

by Marty Soupcoff -

If the Administration block is not showing, check to make sure the instructor hasn't removed it. If they did, you can re-add it by Turning editing on and then on the right side, find the Blocks block. Select the pulldown menu and select Administration. This will re-add the block.

If the Administration block is there and students can't see the Grades link, check to make sure the instructor hasn't it in the course settings. To check, select Settings in the Administration block and then locate the Show gradebook to students field. Make sure it is set to Yes and save your settings.

If after all this they still don't see it, then it may be a case of permissions that you have set for each role. Try the options above first though and then report your results.