Sending of E-Mail

Sending of E-Mail

by Dave Townend -
Number of replies: 2

We have Moodle running on W2k Server using EasyPHP and are having the problem that e-mail is not being received (we are sending from a courses news forum)

The log files for cron.php show successful sending of the mails but they are never received.

Our network manager has checked SMTP settings and tried different SMTP servers within our network without success.

He has also tracked through the PHP scripts and is happy that the mails have passed through lib.php on route to email_to_user which is where we loose the messages. Does anyone know where email_to_user is located?

We are so close to a full setup now and just need to crack this problem. HELP

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dave Townend

Re: Sending of E-Mail

by Mark Mead -
The first thing I would check is that the emails are not being sent to the bulk/trash email of the students. I had this trouble at first. Students and especially teachers complained that the emails were not arriving, but they were filtered as spam. Students just had to look in the bulk/trash. The teachers never did receive the responses due to the company's spam protection.

By the way, I'm having a bit of a problem with assessment responses. My students are receiving the confirmation and welcome emails, but they don't receive the responses to graded assignments. My students used to receive feedback by email but do not any more. Any thoughts?

Good luck.

Mark
In reply to Mark Mead

Re: Sending of E-Mail

by Dave Townend -

Mark

That was it - we use First Class for e-mail and though no global setting was set to block spam it was flagging all mail as Bulk/Spam and a default client setting was silently deleting it.

Just need to work out how to stop it flagging it as Bulk now

Thanks for your help

Dave