by Iwao Saika -
Number of replies: 3

Does anyone have any advice about this?

Iwao Saika

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Iwao Saika

Re: Can’t use IMAP and LDAP authentication

by Martín Langhoff -
Make sure php.ini is set to log errors -- restart apache, retry and check the error log. Most likely problem: you're missing the PHP-IMAP and/or PHP-LDAP extensions. You'll need to get those as a binary package is Sun provides them, or recompile PHP.

Alternatively, upgrade to debian and do "apt-get install moodle" smile
In reply to Martín Langhoff

by Iwao Saika -

Thanks for your reply.
Perhaps, I am missing PHP-IMAP and LDAP extensions. I'll install them.

It means I have to add --with-imap and --with-ldap options when I configure PHP, doesn't it?

Recentry I configured with these options, but the error was displayed.(Sorry, I forgot the messege.)

I have a question, to configure PHP with imap and ldap options, do I have to install an LDAP client and an imap server in the moodle and PHP working server?

In our case, our aucentication server(imap and LDAP) works in another server, which is different from moodle and php working server.

Iwao Saika

In reply to Iwao Saika

by Martín Langhoff -
You'll need client libraries for imap and ldap. For imap, they are part of the UW-IMAP bundle, but I think they distribute it separately as well. For ldap, there must be a set included in Solaris (perhaps PHP's autoconf isn't recognizing them?) of you can get the OpenLDAP bundle that will include the client libs.

Still, it's a lot of work and a horror to maintain! I don't have any solaris guru at hand right now, but there are several packaging systems for solaris, one with GNU packages, and a ports system similar to the BSDs. Having done it myself (a lot), it's not fun to compile PHP with expat, imap, ldap, gd and the whole world every time there's a new PHP version.