Twitter widget html stripped

Twitter widget html stripped

by David Dunn -
Number of replies: 4

Moodle 2.0.2 (Build: 20110221)

Hi,

I'm trying to adjust the height of the Twitter widget using code from twitter.com. After I copy the code into an html block, the code is stripped. This is fine -- the widget looks great -- but the height code is borked and will not accept updating.

<p><iframe src="http://lingualucida.com/learning/blocks/Twitter_search_widget.html" frameborder="0″ height=" width="100%"></iframe></p>

The result is that the widget is too short. It is currently on the front page (and other course pages), and is added/updated by an administrator.

Any suggestions?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Dunn

Re: Twitter widget html stripped

by Sam Thing -

Embed seems to work for me, at least on 1.9:

<object width="100%" height="500px" data="http://lingualucida.com/learning/blocks/Twitter_search_widget.html"> </object>

500px for the height is too much and 400 too little. I'll leave you to work out the sweet spot wink

In reply to Sam Thing

by David Dunn -

Hi Sam,

The problem is that I never get to the sweet spot (!). When I enter

height="500" (as in the widget code) or "500px" (as in your example),

it gets stripped to

height="

That's it: quote mark blank

So why is the height data stripped like this?

In reply to David Dunn

by Sam Thing -

I assume it must be the way the wysiwyg editor parses (or fails to parse) code. I imagine it wont just accept code 'as is' because a wysiwyg has to do some kind of processing to work. Just a guess mind.

I got the same result as you, using the code you supplied but putting the feed between <object> tags fixed the problem for me. In on 1.9.

In reply to Sam Thing

by David Dunn -

I redid my twitter widget from scratch, and this time the code remains intact in the HTML block. All the values are customisable and processed correctly.

Very odd!

Thanks for your input, Sam.

- David