Database Migration

Database Migration

by Ryan V -
Number of replies: 1

Good Evening,

I had an install of Moodle installed at http://www.911connected.com/learn

As you can see if you click the link, whether you click the course or try to login, then next page simply loads the following:

()

As such, I suspect an upgrade on my hosts end caused something to go wrong as I had not made any changes to the hosting site of files in some time and all was well.

I contacted Powweb (the host) who stated it appeared some files went missing and to re-install Moodle.  So I have reinstalled Moodle; however, I left the previous install in place.

My question is what tables, specifically, do I need to import to bring over my quizzes and answers over?  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  It's hosted on MySQL and I'll be using pHpMyAdmin.

Whether you can help me with that or saving the previous install, I'd be grateful!  Thank you in advance for any advice you can give to help!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ryan V

Re: Database Migration

by Christopher Murad -

Ryan,

I would suggest you fix the current install as bringing over only some tables from a previous install into a new install is not a good idea.

I would find out which version of Moodle you had installed and perhaps do an inplace point upgrade to the latest weekly version. Replacing all missing flies.

Let me know if you have any questions regaring that process and I'll do my best to help you out.

Thanks

Chris