Question Page Problem

Question Page Problem

by Curtis Kanigan -
Number of replies: 3

I am trying to create a question page in a new lesson, but after I insert my content and save it, the preview shows me that only part of the content is being displayed. I have question pages that have lots of content on them, but I cannot find the setting that allows this. Can someone please shed some light on this?

Many thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Curtis Kanigan

Re: Question Page Problem

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Curtis,

1. Which exact version of Moodle are you using?
  2. What type of question page are you having problems with: a) "real" questions (multiple choice, matching, etc.) or b) so-called "contents" pages, with text only?
  3. What do you mean by "lots of content"? Give an example.
  4. Have you tried on different browsers? which ones?
  5. Please attach a screenshot so we can see the problem.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Curtis Kanigan -

Joeseph,

1. I am pretty sure it's version 1.9

2. I am just trying to add a multiple choice question page to a lesson.

3. I have tried to copy/paste content from a page from a moodle book, which is enough that you need to scroll down on the page a bit.

Here's what I'm trying to transfer:

As you can see, the content is enought that you need to do some scrolling to access it all, but the question editor will let me paste it without any problems. However, when I save the page, this is what I get:

As you can see, everything after the heading 'Forestry' has not been added to the page. This can be solved by limiting my content, but then it's a guessing game to know how much I can get on a page, and I will have to split up some things that are better viewed together.

I know there is a solution to this problem because I have question pages in other courses that have lots of content on them, but I didn't build them, so I don't know what needs to change to make it possible.

In reply to Curtis Kanigan

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

@Curtis,

The problem probably lies with your "copy-pasting" into the Lesson question's WYSIWYG editor. Do you have the same problem if you try to copy-paste that chunk of text from your "moodle book" into another moodle resource or activity's WYSIWYG editor, e.g. a Glossary entry, a forum discussion, an HTML page, etc.?

If you are having problems in those other resources/activities, then the problem is not linked to the Lesson activity...

Remember that copy-pasting formatted text (and, what's more, containing pictures, as seems to be the case at hand) from one place to another in Moodle never guarantees correct displaying in the end.

Joseph

PS.- Your attached screenshots are really tiny, I can hardly see the details.