Student Feedback for a Hot Pot Activity

Student Feedback for a Hot Pot Activity

by Pete MacKichan -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

I am working on a project using Moodle 2.2.

I like to give students the opportunity to provide feedback on activities they complete - this helps me improve the activities and gives me some idea of what problems students may be encountering.

I have set up a feedback activity and I am wondering if there is any way to integrate this with the HotPot activity. I see that in HotPot there is a drop down list for "Student Feedback" but I haven't been able to find out anything about how these are used. One of the options from the drop down list is "Feedback Form" and I am wondering if this is something that I can use here. What are the other options and how do they work?

Screenshot of Student Feedback option

Many thanks for input / advice.

Best wishes and a happy new year to all,

Pete

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Pete MacKichan

Re: Student Feedback for a Hot Pot Activity

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Pete,

the idea of the feedback form, is that information will be sent to a formmail type of script, which will receive the info and do something with it. Unless you are familiar with formmail, I wouldn't suggest you use this option.

Instead, I suggest you try one of the other options. If you choose "Moodle forum" that will take students to the Moodle forum index, where they can choose a forum to send feedback and discuss the quiz they just took.

If you have already setup a Feedback activity, you could copy the URL for that and paste it into the Student Feedback URL when the "Student feedback" for the HotPot is set to "Web page". THat you should give the effect I think you are aiming for.

good luck!
Gordon

P.S. FYI, here is the help info for that option on that form (probably you have seen this already ...

Student feedback

If enabled, a link to a pop-up feedback window will be displayed whenever the student clicks on the "Check" button. The feedback window allows students to discuss this quiz with their teacher and classmates in one of the following ways:

Web page
requires URL of the web page, for example http://myserver.com/feedbackform.html
Feedback form
requires URL of the form script, for example http://myserver.com/cgi-bin/formmail.pl
Moodle forum
the forum index for the course will be displayed
Moodle messaging
the Moodle instant messaging window will be displayed. If the course has several teachers, the student will be prompted to select a teacher before the messaging window appears.