Error installing quizport in moodel 2.1.1 spanish

Error installing quizport in moodel 2.1.1 spanish

by Rosaluz Ducoing -
Number of replies: 8

Hello, I've downloaded the latest version of the quizport module, and uploaded it into my server, in the mod directory. This all seems fine, because when I logon again as administrator, I can see that the module is ready to be installed, but it comes back with the following error message:

error/moodle/detectedbrokenplugin

Debug info: Missing mandatory en language pack.
Stack trace:
  • line 471 of /lib/upgradelib.php: plugin_defective_exception thrown
  • line 265 of /lib/upgradelib.php: call to upgrade_plugins_modules()
  • line 1460 of /lib/upgradelib.php: call to upgrade_plugins()
  • line 317 of /admin/index.php: call to upgrade_noncore()

I am using the spanish version of moodle, v.2.1.1.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rosaluz Ducoing

Re: Error installing quizport in moodel 2.1.1 spanish

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Rosaluz,

unfortunately, QuizPort does not work on Moodle 2.x, so please uninstall it.

For Moodle 2.x, the QuizPort module will be renamed to the TaskChain module. The TaskChain module is not ready for public release yet, but it should be available within the next few weeks. I will let you know on these forums when it is ready.

kind regards
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Rosaluz Ducoing -

Thanks for your quick response, Gordon. In the meantime, is there a way to upload several hot potatoes quizes to my moodle site? We have developed somewhere around 190 tests that will go into one course separated in 8 lessons and it is very time consuming to configure test by test.

Regards,

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Yes, arrange the HP files, and any associated images and sounds files, in a hierarchy of folders that suits you. Then zip up the folders and upload the zip file to the "Files" area of the course in which you wish to use the files.

• navigate to course page
  • locate "Administration" block
  • click "Files" link
  • click "Upload a file" button
  • browse to zip file on your PC
  • click upload

Having uploaded the zip file to Moodle, you will see an "unzip" link on the right hand side of the screen. If you click that, the file will be unzipped and all your HP folders and files will be ready for use in your Moodle course.

On Moodle 2.x, you may not see the "Files" link on your course page, in which case you need to enable the "Legacy course files".

regards
Gordon

by Rosaluz Ducoing -

Thanks again for your help, Gordon, and I'm sorry if I make you repeat things, I've been looking in the forum, but I'm too newbie on moodle and can't seem to find my way. I have done what you mentioned to upload the tests, but if I want to add them as a moodle activity to my course, do I need to do it one by one?

regards,

by Gordon Bateson -

No, you do not need to upload the HP files one by one, because you have already uploaded them.

Next time you add a "Hot Potatoes Quiz" activity, and click on the "Upload or choose a file ..." button, you will see the files you just uploaded. Navigate to the one you want and click the "Choose" link.

Does that help?
Gordon

by Rosaluz Ducoing -

Yes, thanks Gordon. Pardon my insisting, if I want to create 190 hot potatoes quizes, I have to do what you mention for each one? I can't seem to be able to select a directory. If I use sound files, mp3, and the dewplayer, I notice I also have to choose those files each time I create a hp activity, is this correct?

regards

by Gordon Bateson -

In Moodle 1.9 you can enter the folder name and the HotPot module will detect all HP quiz files within that folder and add a "Hot Potatoes Quiz" activity for each one.

In Moodle 2.x, I'm afraid you have to create each HotPot activity individually when using the HotPot module. As reported on the following Moodle docs page, you can no longer add several HotPot activites at once:

Whether you use the HotPot module for Moodle 1.9 or 2.x, you will end up with 190 links on the course page. That's a lot of links and will be tough to navigate for both you and the students.

If I were you I would use the QuizPort module for Moodle 1.9. It allows you to add several HP quizzes as a single unit, creating only one link on the course page. Furthermore, you can add pre- and post- conditions to the quizzes so that students can be guided on a certain path through the quizzes depending on their performance; good scores zoom ahead, poor scores go more slowly.

The QuizPort module is available now, it has been around for a few years and I consider it to be a very stable piece of software. However it does not work on Moodle 2.x.

The successor to the QuizPort module will be the TaskChain module. It will work on Moodle 2.x. It is currently in the final stages of creation, but it is not finished yet. I will be finished in the next few weeks.

regards
Gordon

by Rosaluz Ducoing -

Thanks Gordon for your help, I need to have the tests up and running by the middle of January so I guess I'll just use the hoptot module, and be in tune for the release of TaskChain.

happy new year!