Moodle 1.9.2 PayPal Plugin Button Missing

Moodle 1.9.2 PayPal Plugin Button Missing

by erin sanders -
Number of replies: 8

I've been attempting to get the PayPal enrolment plugin working on my 1.9.2 install of Moodle by following the steps outlined in the Paypal enrolment guide with no luck. I only realised this morning when I checked my version again that it's not quite late enough to ensure this steps will work. Everything is configurable according to the steps, but in the Workflow section at the bottom, where it says:

--- Now it lists all the courses available. When you click on one of the course names that you want to take, it brings you to a page that has the course summary and the price displayed. Below this is another section that says "This course requires a payment for entry", shows the price and now has a PayPal button that says "Send payment via PayPal". Clicking this sends you to PayPal with the course listed in the order summary and you can log in to pay. ---

I do not see the text "This course requires..." and I don't see the PayPal icon next to my course not the button.

Are there instructions out there somewhere for my version of Moodle? Unfortunately, I am not the site owner, (althought I have full admin priviledges), so I can't update the Moodle version readily. Anything else I can probably do.

As the plugin comes with my version of Moodle, there must be a way to get this working. If anyone can, I would greatly appreciate any advice!

Thanks in advance

Erin, Moodle user, London

Average of ratings: -
In reply to erin sanders

Re: Moodle 1.9.2 PayPal Plugin Button Missing

by renz santos -

do you already connect the paypal to your moodle? i mean in Enrolment Plugins: already show paypal?

In reply to renz santos

by erin sanders -

Hi Renz

Yes, I have successfully followed every step listed in the 1.9 Paypal enrolment documentation, both on the Moodle side and the Paypal side. It's only when I get to the Workflow section of the instructions can I see that something is wrong as I don't get the text saying that it is a paid course, nor do I get the paypal button. Additionally, when I create a new user account and click on the login link in the email, that user then has full access to the entire site.

In reply to erin sanders

by renz santos -

question? where did you see this?? i can't find it.. do you have anyscreenshots where i can find it? Site administration > Plugins > Enrolments > Manage enrol plugins in 2.0 onwards or Administration > Courses > Enrolments pre-2.0 cause in my side paypal is not showing sad thanks,

im stranded here

Scroll down to the "Enrolments" section and fill it out:

1. Enrolment Plugins: Paypal << "this is not showing"
  2. Default role: Site Default (Student)
  3. Course enrollable: Yes
  4. Enrolment duration: 30 days (or whatever you want)
In reply to renz santos

by Shawn LoPorto -

Hi Renz, 

I saw your posting; I wrote the documentation steps for the 1.9 version of Moodle for Paypal.  I have it working based on these steps however like the documentation says, this is based on version 1.9.5 of Moodle.  Your posting says that you are on 1.9.2.  Probably not what you want to hear, but I would suggest upgrading to 1.9.5 as the steps should then work for you (I don't know about v1.9.2, maybe there is a limitation on that version - it is possible as I'm hearing people stating similar issues with the new 2.0 version (sounds like something may have gotten dropped in that version for Paypal)).  You're kinda stuck because there was no existing documentation before I wrote these steps, so there's nothing to point you to. 

Is the "Enrolment Plugins: Paypal" drop-down not presented at all, or is field present but the "Paypal" option just not an option in the list?

Like most of the newer versions, 1.9.5 fixed a lot of security issues with Moodle so its a good idea to upgrade anyways.

Shawn

In reply to Shawn LoPorto

by renz santos -

hi shawn thanks for the reply and sorry for bumping to your thread.

Enrolment Plugins: Paypal" drop-down not presented at all this is what happen to me.

thanks,

renz

In reply to renz santos

by Shawn LoPorto -

Is upgrading to 1.9.5 an option?  Maybe this is a limitation in 1.9.2.  I've only set Paypal up with 1.9.5 and it works for me.

By the way what OS do you have Moodle installed on?  Is is Linux server or a Windows server?  I have it installed on a Linux server, so that would mean I'm using the linux install of Moodle. 

In reply to Shawn LoPorto

by P H -

Hello! 

I don't know if it is the right place to be asking this, but: 

On our site, Moodle 2.0.2, I have set up Paypal registration. I followed the instructions in Moodle Docs step by step. Now when someone wants to access the course, they get just this text:

This course requires a payment for entry.
Cost: .....
Login to the site

I am at a loss how to explain - and correct - this.

In reply to erin sanders

by Richard Gardner -

Hey Erin.

I am having the same problem as you were having. I am trying to put a PayPal enrollment onto my 1.9.2+ Moodle course, and everything is happening just like what you went through.

Did you ever get this fixed?

Thanx.

Rich