Student Role duplicated in courses

Student Role duplicated in courses

by Angel Infante -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

We have enabled the "self-enrollment" and "manual enrollment" plugin in our courses, I just find out that when a user is enrolled in some of the courses by himself, the teachers or managers can assign the same role to the user that was assigned during the self-enrollment, I mean, we are able to duplicate the enrollment records in the courses, the student role can be assigned with the self-enrollment plus the manual enrollment in the same course.

Does anyone know whether this is correct or is there a way to avoid the duplication ?

Thanks in advance...

P.D.

We are using Moodle 2.0.1 (Build: 20101225)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Angel Infante

Re: Student Role duplicated in courses

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

There is no need to manually assign a user to a role which they already have through self-enrolment. However, as you've noticed, it is possible in the interface, which is very confusing for teachers. If teachers on your site don't ever need to manually enrol users, you could edit the role of teacher and un-set the capability enrol/manual:enrol.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Angel Infante -

Helen,

I know there's no need to manually assign a user that has already been assigned by himself, however, since there are too many users registered in the courses, the teachers may consume lot of time trying to identify whether the users are already assigned or not.

Unfortunately, we must keep both plugin enrollments enable inside of our courses, the users may enroll by themselves if they want to and teachers need to be able to do the same with some users.

I think the only thing to do here is to ask to the teachers to make sure that the users are not yet enrolled in the courses.

Thank you Helen

In reply to Angel Infante

by Angel Infante -

Hi Helen,

We are a little concern about this, do you know which could be the impact of having the same user enrolled in the same course twice with 2 different methods (selfl, manual)?

Could we have any problem with the activity completion or course completion records or something else ?

Thanks and regards...