Feedback templates shareable between courses?

Feedback templates shareable between courses?

by Ted Osborne -
Number of replies: 6

I'm using Moodle 2.1 and, in Course A, I created a Feedback activity and saved it as a template. It seems like I can reuse the template within Course A just fine, but when I add a Feedback activity in Course B, the template is not listed in the "Use a template" box. Is this normal behavior?

Thanks, 

Ted

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ted Osborne

Re: Feedback templates shareable between courses?

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

Hi Ted,

this feature is disabled since moodle 2.0 because there were some problems with the new file api.
In moodle 2.2 this feature is back.

Best regards
Andreas

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Andreas Grabs

by Claudia Scheel -

I upgraded to 2.2.1+ because of this problem, but still can´t use my question-template in a feedback-activity in another course. sad Or is this a different question? There is no template for the hole feedback, just for the questions, is there? ( I still have to give a name and a description by myself)

Hope you can help!

Claudi

In reply to Claudia Scheel

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Hi Claudia,

in moodle 2.2 public templates are handled in a slightly differend way than in moodle 1.9.
All public templates will be saved at the system-context.
That means, you have to have the needed permissions to do that.
The capability you need is "createpublictemplate" in a global context.
On standard configuration only the admin has this right.
If you have the right you can find the checkbox "public" near by the "save as new template" button.
I hope it helps a bit.

Best regards
Andreas
In reply to Andreas Grabs

by Claudia Scheel -

Thank You!! I must be kind of blind! Didn´t see this checkox "public" before and I was staring on this screen for quite a while!

Have a nice day!

Claudia

In reply to Claudia Scheel

by SVI eSolutions -

Hi, I am using Moodle 2.0.3 and I see no such link as admin... Is there something that I need to configur somewhere in order to see this link?

In reply to SVI eSolutions

by Andreas Grabs -
Hi alex,

please have a look at the second post in this thread.

Best regards
Andreas