Images not Displaying in 2.1

Images not Displaying in 2.1

by d morte -
Number of replies: 2

I'm running 2.1+ (Build: 20110713) and have been for many months. Over the past three weeks we have started seeing images disappear. To date I have not been able to find a pattern. Some images are not displaying in courses from main pages, profile images are displaying for some students, and some images embedded in wikis/forums/quizzes are also displaying. I say "some" because it really seems to be random. My profile image is fine, but two dozen students images are not displaying. On one of my courses I had a dozen images and only one of the 12 isn't displaying.

I have turned off slash arguments. I have purged all caches. I have turned on debugging and found nothing. I checked the config.php and there is no ending ?>  ....

Can anyone make a recommendation? 

Thank you!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to d morte

Re: Images not Displaying in 2.1

by Gilbert Blankenship -

We discovered a similar issue when using Mozilla Firefox.  It appears to be fixed by:

Edit->Preferences->Content

Check the box Load Images Automatically

Haven't tried using Internet Explorer.

In reply to Gilbert Blankenship

Re: Images not Displaying in 2.1

by d morte -

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be our problem. In fact, I am now seeing that the problem is affecting other file types. Today we found a bunch of PDF documents that aren't working. Not all PDF's though, just some. I'm now trying to understand the following:

How does Moodle store uploaded content?
Where does Moodle store uploaded content? (Database/Moodledata Folder)
If pointers are created, how/where is this done in the database?
I heard that Moodle 2 does some internal cleaning to get rid of unused files... How is this accomplished? What are the parameters for this cleaning?

As always, thank you!