Advice on managing enrollments

Advice on managing enrollments

by Amy Severson -
Number of replies: 1

My apologies if this isn't the right place to post this, but I didn't get much traction from the Building Learning Communities forum. 

I'm the administrator for my instance of Moodle (v. 1.9), and I'd like to open up one course or section to a smaller co-community. I'm trying to figure out how to manage the enrollments for a specific course, and I'm grateful for advice. Here are my parameters:

1. I want a different person to administer/manage the enrollments (ie, not me! smile )

2. But I don't want this person to have access to a list of ALL the community members (so I want the teacher not to choose the students from this course from my master list of students, since I don't want the teacher to have access to everyone's email and name). 

3. If I setup self-enrollment, won't anyone be able to get in? Can I restrict it? 

Thanks in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Amy Severson

Re: Advice on managing enrollments

by Amy Severson -

Hmmmm, I'm still trying to figure this out. 

What about this: can users login, and then "ask" to enroll in a course, which then the teacher/moderator has to approve? 

So: I set up a course as enrollable, pending approval by teacher. Does that make sense? Is that possible? 

There must be a way for a teacher to manage enrollment for their course without getting access to the entire user list? 

Anyone have any ideas?