Hi I hope I can explain this clearly enough to get some help...
To start I'm using Moodle 2.0.2
I have a series of folders in my repository, located inside the moodledata folder.
I've uploaded via FTP a series of images for a lesson I'm working on. So for example I have a folder in: moodledata/repositories/supervisor courses/A&Djpegs (the A&Djpegs is where I ftp'd the images to)
Here's the problem. When I use the 'insert image' button in the tool bar to insert my image, the file picker comes up, I navigate to my 'supervisor courses' folder in the repository, but it doesn't offer me any images. It says there's nothing available.
If I go to cPanel, I can verify the images are there. I've asked my webhosting support to look into it and they say it's the '.htaccess' file in the moodledata folder - It's not allowng access to the repository. Here's what the '.htaccess' file says:
deny from all
Note: this file is broken intentionally, we do not want anybody to undo it in subdirectory!
I have other moodle sites that have the same .htaccess file in them and none of them have this problem, so why I am having this problem now?
I'm not that technical but your help will be really really appreciated!
Thank you tons.
I can't say anything regarding the .htaccess file. Were you able to setup a repository instance in Site administration -> Plugins -> Repositories -> File system?
With kind regards,
OK, progress of sorts.
After a bit of random clicking arund, the icon view worked, but the list view still does not show any more links.
I was having a similar problem, that I couldn't see some images in repository folders when I tried to insert an image. If I did 'Link to a file' they did however appear in the file picker.
I realised that the ones that weren't appearing were those with a .JPG extension, rather than a .jpg extension. When I changed the extension to lower case, they appeared as expected.
My colleague who knows about php installations tells me that it may be to do with the php setup, and she should be able to change it so that it ignores the difference between upper and lower case.
Hope this helps.
I know I it's probably a little late, but figured out my problem was the same as Catherine's.
If I ftp'd files to my repository that had upper case extensions like .JPG then didn't appear in the repository. Once I changed them all to lower case they appear just fine.
I hope that steers people in the right direction!