How can i use comments block in center page of the moodle home page (moodle 2.0)

How can i use comments block in center page of the moodle home page (moodle 2.0)

by Pandish R -
Number of replies: 3

Hi all,

I am using moodle 2.0, I need to make comments block in center page of the moodle home page. But now only two regions are available, which is, Right and Left, But i need Center also. I couldn't find how to make any one of the block in center of the page on moodle. how can i modify that. can any one help me for solve this proble....?

Thanks...

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Pandish R

Re: How can i use comments block in center page of the moodle home page (moodle 2.0)

by Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Pandish,

If you are free to choose your theme, the new Lagomorph theme by Richard Oelmann could be your solution (requires Moodle 2.0.x). Blocks can be placed in center right or center left. If you are unable to use Lagomorph, the theme may still give you some insights how to modify your theme.

With kind regards,

Hartmut

In reply to Hartmut Scherer

Re: How can i use comments block in center page of the moodle home page (moodle 2.0)

by Pandish R -

Hi Hartmut Scherer,

Thank u very much...  I downloaded and used this Lagomorph theme, in moodle 2.0, i need to move the comments block only to the center page,  here the options are (top-left, top-right, bottom-left, bottom-right). i used bottom left now. How can i change width of the comments block only ?..

Thanks.... smile

In reply to Pandish R

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Pandish,

Apologies, I've only just found this post - I guess it is now more of a theme question than one for the forum module itself.

The width of the two blocks is set in the css file lagomorph/style/lagomorph_styles.css

#bottom_block {

}
#bottomleft_block {
    width:48%;
    margin-left:1%;
    float:left;
    }
#bottomright_block {
    width:48%;
    margin-right:1%;
    float:right;
    }

If you are sure that you will only be using the bottom left block then you could alter the code above so that the block you are using uses the width you want.

note if you want it to use 100% so that the bottom right block is not visible at all, you may also need to remove that block from the general and frontpage.php codes

HTH

Richard