Parents are not able to see student grade report in moodle 2.1

Parents are not able to see student grade report in moodle 2.1

by P K -
Number of replies: 5

i use moodle 2.1

I create a Parent role and user is assigned the role of Parent on the appropriate student's profile.

when the parent roll user login and click on activity report it shows nothing about student grade.

and when click on the course it shows the message

You can not enrol yourself in this course.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to P K

Re: Parents are not able to see student grade report in moodle 2.1

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi there.

It is correct that the parent should not be able to enrol themselves in the course.

Does your student definitely have some grades to show and can you go through the steps you went to create the parent role?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by P K -

Thanks for Reply Mary Cooch, Problem solved.

now parents are able to see the grade and activity report.

In reply to P K

by Rick Houghton -

I also can't seem to get the grades to show when logged in as a parent.  The "user report" is accessible as a link but there is no data shown.  When the student accesses the report, they can see their grades but not parents!

"Display hidden items" is checked and all of the requisite items are enable in the role settings. I am also using Moodle 2.1.  What advice did Mary give you to get it working??

In reply to Rick Houghton

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Rick. Can you confirm you have followed all the steps in the Parent role documentation? And that your courses are not accessible to parents - ie - they are password protected?