Saving local language edits

Saving local language edits

by James Hartill -
Number of replies: 4

Hello,

This is driving me mad... I have read about editing words in moodle, but when I go to 'edit words or phrases' in 'local string customisation' and I change a word in moodle.php to what I want it to be, and then click save... the changes aren't saved, the file just reads the same as it did before when I open it again... what am I doing wrong?! Any advise would be much appreciated.

James

Average of ratings: -
In reply to James Hartill

Re: Saving local language edits

by Mary Evans -

You need to update the language pack you altered. To do this go to Site-administration > languages > language packs

At the foot of the left-hand column you will see a link to Update the packs you have installed. Just click on this and it will add all the changes you have made.

Then you need to Purge all caches (in Moodle2 Site Administration > Development > Purge all caches)

In Moodle 1.9 -> I think you will find the local language pack caches in your Moodledata files.

HTH

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by James Hartill -

Hi Mary, thanks for your reply, when I edit the language pack and then click on the save button I don't think the changes are being saved... because when I then click on the 'update' button as you suggest above it responds:

Update of en_utf8 language pack skipped
All your language packs are up to date, no update is needed

Any advice?

James

In reply to James Hartill

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi James,

Just wondering whether a PHP accelerator could be the cause of your problem (as mentioned in Language FAQ)?

In reply to Helen Foster

by James Hartill -

Hi Helen, thanks for that, I did read that bit in the moodle docs and it may be the problem, but I don't understand the advice that they give, where would I find php.ini in order to switch off the php accelerator?

Thanks again

James