Delete a quiz

Delete a quiz

by Velson Horie -
Number of replies: 12

Moodle 1.9

I created a number of quizzes that are now redundant. How do I remove them completely from the site?  I have deleted then from the list of activities but they are still listed with the rest of the quizzes. Students keep asking whether they should use them.

I cannot find a way to remove quizzes, only to add or edit them.

Thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Velson Horie

Re: Delete a quiz

by Dr S Bhatia -

Oh

Didn't clicking the following work?

turn editing on>go to the quiz and click on delete icon

In reply to Dr S Bhatia

by rockerz g -

Dr s Bhatia

Can you post a screen shot showing that delete icon for a quiz ( not a question) please?

In reply to Velson Horie

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Velson:

I have deleted then from the list of activities...

What do you mean? How did you do that?thoughtful

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Lane Grann-Stahl -

We are having the same problem.  An instructor ended up with four copies of exam 2 after she restored her course.  Only one is on the main course page, but the other three appear in the Quiz area and in the gradebook.  she has removed all of the questions from the other three, but we can find no way to actually delete them, or remove them from the gradebook.

is there a trick to this?

Thanks for your help,

Lane in Charlotte

using Moodle 1.9

In reply to Lane Grann-Stahl

by Ashley Crane -

I am experiencing this problem as well.  The instructor thinks that she make the quiz and assignment module in question disappear from both the course page and calendar/upcoming events by changing the dates to be outside the schedule of the course.  Both still show up in the gradebook and the list of quizzes/assignments.  As administrator I can edit them, but changing the dates and setting them to be visible does not make them show up anywhere on the course page and I cannot find a way to delete them.

Any help would be much appreciated!  Thank you!

(Using Moodle 1.9)

In reply to Ashley Crane

by rockerz g -

Hate to sound like an echo but HOW does one remove/delete/get rid of a quiz that is longer welcome?

There are delete buttons on questions but not for the whole quiz. The one i want to get rid of has NO questions, but i still can't delete it....!

Would have thought this would be a fudamentally basic thing to have in the manual....???   :o{{

Help please

In reply to rockerz g

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Hello,

I understand it may seem surprising people don't get an answer in this thread but, as Joseph has said, the reason is that we don't understand the question !

Question and quiz are separate problems : you create edit and suppress questions in the question bank.

A quiz is a Moodle activity, you create, edit or suppress it like any other Moodle activity absolutely nothing particular.

So simply reading the doc on activities should tell you how to suppress a quiz. In short you turn editing on, and click on the cross icon (X) at right of the quiz name. Another option if you plan to reuse it in the future is to click on the small eye icon to hide it from students without suppressing it.

editing a quiz

If I have not understood your problem correctly, please explain it more clearly and I will try to help.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jean-Michel Védrine

by rockerz g -

Sure is simple when the penny drops

thank you

get the list of whatever items that have been created (including quizzes) showing in the centre column, turn editing on, hit delete icon ( X )

In reply to rockerz g

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Hello,

I learned a new english expression : "when the penny drops". Thanks a lot.

In reply to Jean-Michel Védrine

by Russell Jones -

Hello,

Just found this thread after googling "moodle any other way to delete a quiz?"

I'm having a problem deleting one particular quiz. Think I'm using moodle 1.9, but not an admin so not sure.

Turn editing on, click delete, confirm that I'm "absolutely sure" that I want to delete it, then nothing... until this: Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 180 seconds exceeded in E:\Moodle\server\moodle\lib\dml\mysqli_native_moodle_database.php on line 1080

Same result every time. This is the only thing I've not been able to delete in many years of using moodle.

I can adjust and save the settings (but one?) of the quiz and edit the quiz itself (I've deleted all the questions), just not delete it.

Here's a possibly related fact. When I created the quiz I had "Separate groups" and "Group Project" (my name for the default grouping) selected in the course settings. I had been (vainly) trying to get some group functionality (like applying scores to all members of a group). So the quiz I'm trying to delete was automatically made into a "Group Project" assignment. I.e. on the class home page it shows "(Group Project)" next to the assignment. Although I can change the "Group mode" for the quiz settings to "No groups" and save it, it always shows up on the home page as a "Group Project".

Any advice would be appreciated. Also, if a group of moodle commandos would descend on our IT dept and upgrade our moodle, that would be nice as well.

Attachment Delete Me quiz pic.png