Exporting question bank in QTI Formate give problem.

Exporting question bank in QTI Formate give problem.

by Vivek Srivastava -
Number of replies: 8

Hi I am facing problem when i tried to export question from quiz in QTI formate. It gives error message :

Can not serve file - server configuration problem.

However exporting in other format done successfully.

latest moodle version.

Please help me out i am new to moodle.

Thanks in advance. smile

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vivek Srivastava

Re: Exporting question bank in QTI Formate give problem.

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Coincidentally, someone else just reported the same bug: MDL-27973.

What is your use for QTI format? What are you planning to do? No many people use it, so I don't know how reliable QTI export is.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Vivek Srivastava -

Actually I want to use this Exported QTI file in my API for developing assessment test.

How the QTI file look like having set of question(format as need to do parsing on it).

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Cannot you use an XML file for that assessment test you are developing? A much more "standard" format than obsure QTI.

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Vivek Srivastava -

Mine requirement is like that only it require question bank in QTI format only.

as XML consist of many additional informations also which i don't want while parsing. Like CData

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Well, while parsing an XML file you can always skip the data you don't need.

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I second Joseph's advice. If you are making your own system, it will be much easier, and much more reliable, to use the Moodle XML format.

You should not have to worry about things like CDATA sections. Your XML parser will handle that for you, and just give you all the data as strings containing HTML.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Vivek Srivastava -

Actually i am using JQTI API.

and there are valid xml file which fail while validating as valid QTI Files.

Mine project requirement bounds me to use QTI format only.

any other suggestion is welcome but i have to use QTI format only sad

Thnks for the advice.

by Tim Hunt -

Ah, well if you are forced to use QTI, then you have to use QTI.

You just need to be aware that very few people use that format, so I would not be surprised if it was buggy. Acutally I fixed some bugs relating to it in Moodle 2.1 the other day.

If you have the option, work with Moodle 2.1, and if you find bugs in the QTI export, file bugs in the bug Tracker.