Moodle 2.0.3 with ClamAV - Detection Failure

Moodle 2.0.3 with ClamAV - Detection Failure

by C Bartlett -
Number of replies: 1

Hello,

I seem to be having trouble getting ClamAV to scan uploads in Moodle 2.0.3. I can upload any of the Clam test files to the server without it complaining. The path is correct and www-data has read and execute permissions on the file, and I can run it as that user. I've even set it to treat failure to scan as a virus detection but it still completes the upload. ClamAV has not logged anything in it's log files but does detect the file if I scan it manually.

I'm running Moodle 2.0.3 (build 20110609) on Debian 6 with ClamAV 0.97. Just to rule out my ClamAV config, I created another VM with Ubuntu Server 11.04 with the same version of Moodle but ClamAV 0.97.1. It behaved the same they same way.

I then installed a separate instance of Moodle 1.9 on the Debian server and as expected, it worked perfectly fine and detected the test files using the same settings. This leads me to believe it's an issue with Moodle 2.0.3. Can anyone else confirm this? I've seen some recent posts of others having a similar issue but unfortunately they received no replies.

Thanks.

Edit - Never mind, looks like the devs are aware of the issue: http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-19380

Average of ratings: -