php.ini issues

php.ini issues

by brad knorr -
Number of replies: 1

Well I have been struggling for many days now but I think I have found out something.  First off I started with ver 2.0.2 I was having the "session time out error"  and very laggy.  So I installed v 1.9 to see how it was. Seems a lot faster and no issues, until......

I wanted to change my max file size value from 2 to 40 megs. So I created a php.ini file in the root dir of moodle.  in this file I have the following:

[PHP]

upload_max_filesize = 40M

post_max_size = 40M

Now when I save this file, the login gets all screwed up and tells me that my session has timed out or even won't even let me login. Rename the file and all works ok.  Can someone help me out with how to make this work.

Thanks

Brad

Average of ratings: -
In reply to brad knorr

Re: php.ini issues

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Have you asked your hosts? A php.ini file in the web root is not standard stuff and probably represents some sort of "bodge" by the hosting company (some others allow .htaccess files to much the same effect). They may be aware of some restrictions.

Also, have you tried running with Debugging on? You may get some more information.