Can I have my grades emailed to me once a week?

Can I have my grades emailed to me once a week?

by Lev Abramov -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all!

I have a Moodle installation for a school where teachers are humans like the rest of us smile, so they sometimes forget to log in and check the grades. I am looking for some sort of "push technology" approach as a workaround.

Of course I could just create an auto-mailer that would "spam" the whole faculty list once a week, "Hey, have you checked the grades yet?" - but I guess that would not achieve the same effect as a service that sends grades to mailboxes would.

Can Moodle be configured to automatically export each group's grades to an Excel file and mail these files to the respective teachers of those groups? Has anyone ever done that? Any ideas on how to?

Maybe I am asking at the wrong forum - plz suggest the right one to ask at.

TIA!

Lev

In reply to Lev Abramov

Re: Can I have my grades emailed to me once a week?

by Elena Ivanova -

Hi Lev,

If you are asking about regular UI configuration, then, yes, this is not possible, and  local development is required.
May be someone will jump in with a solution, otherwise you can check in the General Developer forum.  smile
I remember seeing similar requests before. Try also searching in this forum and in the Tracker for tips.

P.s. Kind of related: There is a Grade Me block available that a lot of people seem to enjoy for visual in-moodle reminders.