Minds want to know - session.bug_compat_warn is on

Minds want to know - session.bug_compat_warn is on

Robert Lefebvre -
Vastausten määrä: 1

I recommended Moodle to a buddy. He needs a new host anyway, so he is adding compatability to moodle on his shopping list. He had me look at a host's php settings (that he was interested in) and I compared their settings to this list, taken from the forums (I got their settings from a phpinfo() file set up by their support people):

magic_quotes_gpc On
magic_quotes_runtime Off
file_uploads On
short_open_tag On
session.auto_start Off
session.bug_compat_warn Off

Everything is ok except the last one, it is set to "On".

I've been around this mountain before when I set Moodle up on my server except it was the  magic_quotes_gpc setting that wasn't right. I tried htaccess changes, went back and forth with the host, and finally got a different host and Moodle works fine.

This is a different setting, so how crucial is this setting? Will it crash the script? Can we depend on a htaccess workaround? (oops, I didn't ask the host if they're Unix or Apache or what?)

Arviointien keskiarvo: -
Vastaus Robert Lefebvre

Re: Minds want to know - session.bug_compat_warn is on

Martin Dougiamas -
Kuva: Core developers Kuva: Documentation writers Kuva: Moodle HQ Kuva: Particularly helpful Moodlers Kuva: Plugin developers Kuva: Testers
It's not serious ... in fact I'm not even sure if it's relevant any more in 1.0.9. I tried to make it unnecessary but I don't think the changes were well tested on affected servers.

Basically all this PHP setting did was prevent a small PHP error showing up on logout. There is no functionality problem though.

(Does someone want to try turning the warning on and looking for the warning message on logout?)