Ode to MDL-26700

Ode to MDL-26700

por Mary Evans -
Número de respostas: 4
Imagem de Core developers Imagem de Documentation writers Imagem de Peer reviewers Imagem de Plugin developers Imagem de Testers

I've just made my first commit
it took me most of the day!!!
I thought it was going to be easy
but it turned out a bit of a GIT.
I pushed it, then I pulled it
then gave it a bit of a bash.
I nearly merged it, but didn't;
I almost threw it in the trash.
I sent it up-stream, then down-stream;
then went and laid down for a rest
till I finally picked up the courage
and put in a pull request...

Yeah!

Média das avaliações:  Very cool (1)
Em resposta à Mary Evans

Re: Ode to MDL-26700

por Frankie Kam -
Imagem de Plugin developers

Hi Mary

I didn't know that you could write poetry. But then again, you're an artist....

Frankie Kam

Em resposta à Frankie Kam

por Mary Cooch -
Imagem de Documentation writers Imagem de Moodle HQ Imagem de Particularly helpful Moodlers Imagem de Testers Imagem de Translators

Hi Mary - not sure which impresses me more - your poetry or the fact you made your first commit - neither of which I am able to dosorriso

Em resposta à Mary Evans

por Mary Evans -
Imagem de Core developers Imagem de Documentation writers Imagem de Peer reviewers Imagem de Plugin developers Imagem de Testers

@ben thank you Ben that name my day!

@frankie I spent most of my ill-spent youth on the web in and out of poetry forums where I learned to write sonnets and villanelles. I can honestly say it was a bitter sweet experience...but I love Moodle forums more, but then I am grown up now! LOL

@mary Logging in to GITHUB and setting up a FORK to Moodle.GIT is relatively easy to do. Setting GIT up on my local machine, was easy enough, albeit a little confusing, but not that hard to do. The most difficult is understanding the FORKS and BRANCHES of the Moodle TREE. In fact if you visualize it as a tree you are half way there. Problem was I kept seeing it as a set of forks on a table and couldn't grasp which fork I was using or indeed, which prong I was on!  It's all very abstract. If you are familiar with MS-DOS you will understand it better.

Poetry in that respect is easier! LOL

Thanks all!

MaryE