GREAT SITES - Visual delights

GREAT SITES - Visual delights

by Liz Renshaw -
Number of replies: 5

Looking for any recommendations on moodle sites that have a really visually pleasing, and powerful front page. Great use of colour,design, different components, some multimedia. Have been searching around in an ad hoc way and its a bit hit and miss.So looking for sites with smart, slick, look and feel.

All recommendations appreciated. thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Liz Renshaw

Re: GREAT SITES - Visual delights

by Joseph Thibault -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Liz, these are my personal favorites: http://www.moodlenews.com/2010/happy-friday-my-top-5-favorite-moodle-sites/

There are more great ones shared in the comments on that page too.

Hope that helps!

Average of ratings: Coolest thing ever! (1)
In reply to Joseph Thibault

by Liz Renshaw -

Joseph.

So many thanks, all your favourite sites are really 'wicked' and have opened my mind to possibilities. Really liked the 'vitality ' of your top sites.

In reply to Liz Renshaw

by Liz Renshaw -

Forgot to comment that like you, Joseph I cant resist a peek at sites to check out the look and feel! Gotta be a moodle term for people like us?

In reply to Joseph Thibault

by bertilio peroza -

hola me gustaría saber si tu me puedes a ayudar estoy haciendo el trabajo de pasantias y como trabajo necesito saber como hago para obtener un servidor que me ayude conectar un administrador moodle con más de 10.000 usuarios:

¿que sevidor usarias?
¿que problemas más recurrentes o críticos se le presentan?
¿que aconseja y que desaconseja hacer?
Gracias.
In reply to bertilio peroza

by Dan Trouten -

Translation: "hello I wonder if you can help me I am doing internship work and as work I need to know how do I get a server to help me connect a moodle administrator with more than 10,000 visitors:

Server host what would you use?
What's most persistent and critical problems are presented?
What do you recommend and not recommend to do?
Thanks."

If you are in need of a server host I would look at HostGator.com where you can get a VPS server at a good rate. It's what I use. They have flexible plans with flexible bandwidth. The VPS service is great and they give great support.

Dan