Ode to MDL-26700

Ode to MDL-26700

by Mary Evans -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I've just made my first commit
it took me most of the day!!!
I thought it was going to be easy
but it turned out a bit of a GIT.
I pushed it, then I pulled it
then gave it a bit of a bash.
I nearly merged it, but didn't;
I almost threw it in the trash.
I sent it up-stream, then down-stream;
then went and laid down for a rest
till I finally picked up the courage
and put in a pull request...

Yeah!

Average of ratings: Very cool (1)
In reply to Mary Evans

Re: Ode to MDL-26700

by Frankie Kam -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Mary

I didn't know that you could write poetry. But then again, you're an artist....

Frankie Kam

In reply to Frankie Kam

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Mary - not sure which impresses me more - your poetry or the fact you made your first commit - neither of which I am able to dosmile

In reply to Mary Evans

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

@ben thank you Ben that name my day!

@frankie I spent most of my ill-spent youth on the web in and out of poetry forums where I learned to write sonnets and villanelles. I can honestly say it was a bitter sweet experience...but I love Moodle forums more, but then I am grown up now! LOL

@mary Logging in to GITHUB and setting up a FORK to Moodle.GIT is relatively easy to do. Setting GIT up on my local machine, was easy enough, albeit a little confusing, but not that hard to do. The most difficult is understanding the FORKS and BRANCHES of the Moodle TREE. In fact if you visualize it as a tree you are half way there. Problem was I kept seeing it as a set of forks on a table and couldn't grasp which fork I was using or indeed, which prong I was on!  It's all very abstract. If you are familiar with MS-DOS you will understand it better.

Poetry in that respect is easier! LOL

Thanks all!

MaryE