reduced admin role

reduced admin role

by Edward Stone -
Number of replies: 5

Hope you can help with this one.

For various reasons I've created another admin role for my 1.9 Moodle. As part of this I would like to disable their ability to assign roles at system level. Is this possible?

Regards.

Ed.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Edward Stone

Re: reduced admin role

by Steven Nelson -

Maybe this is what you are looking for?

Under Users->Permissions->Define Roles, there is a second tab labeled "Allow Role Assignments", where you can allow or disallow roles from assigning users to other roles.

You could also examine the specific role capabilities for your new admin role and make some alterations there.

In reply to Steven Nelson

by Edward Stone -

Hi Steven

I tried that, none were selected yet the role was able to assign the roles in that page? Any ideas?

Ed. 

In reply to Edward Stone

by Steven Nelson -

Go to edit that custom admin role (from the same screen) and select prevent for the "assign roles to users" (moodle/role:assign) capability.  See how that works out, should do the trick.

In reply to Steven Nelson

by Edward Stone -

Hi Steven

I tried that but they were unable to assign users the role of student at course level.

Ed.

In reply to Edward Stone

by Steven Nelson -

On second look, thats the wrong permission.  Believe the correct one is "Create and Manage Roles". (moodle/role:manage).  Think that should do the trick.  (as long as you go back and unset that permission to let your role assign user roles!)