"Extend Enrollment" function gone from Moodle 2?

"Extend Enrollment" function gone from Moodle 2?

by Peter T -
Number of replies: 6

Hello, I was using the Extend Enrollment (individual & common) function quite a lot. It has always been accessible under course Participants list in a dropdown window in Moodle 1.9.+:

from Moodle 1.9.+

Now in Moodle 2.0.1, this option is no longer available, although it is described in the help files when you click on the little yellow question mark:

Moodle 2

Can somebody explain what am I missing here? Where has this valuable function gone? Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter T

Re: "Extend Enrollment" function gone from Moodle 2?

by Peter T -

Can somebody from Moodle developers at least confirm whether this function has been discontinued or perhaps omitted please? Guys using Moodle 2 and above - are you able to extend enrolments of your students or is it just me?

In reply to Peter T

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I am almost certain (without looking at the code) that this is a small bit of user-interface that was not re-implemented when the enrolment code was changed. It should be very easy for any sufficiently motivated person to re-implement.

In reply to Peter T

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

It does look like the "bulk" extend enrolments feature is in fact gone, although you can still extend individual enrolments using the "Enrolled Users" page under Settings.

I've filed MDL-26770 for you to put it on the queue.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Elena Ivanova -

I see both MDL-26770 and PULL-702 to be marked fixed, but I still do not see an option for bulk changes: 2.2.2, 2.2.4

Can anybody find those? Am I missing something?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)