problems with languages display on other pages than homepage (in not connected mode)

problems with languages display on other pages than homepage (in not connected mode)

per lisa madmood,
Number of replies: 1

I asked my questions first on the french support forum but it seems nobody can answer me, so I come here even is my english is not very good. I hope you will understand my problem...

I have displayed the languages menu on all the pages of the site but I have problems with the display of the language chosen on pages others than the homepage.
I specify that I have this problem only in not connected mode (when users are logged-in they can see without any problem all pages in the language set in their profile).

Pb n°1 - When I change the language since an internal page, I return automatically to the homepage. What do I have to modify in the code to have the current/active page simply translated in the chosen language? (Without return in the homepage) It Is possible?

Pb n°2 - When I'm logged-off and choose a language since the homepage, the homepage turns without pb into the chosen language, but if I click a link of my menu (which corresponds to a resource html common page), the page switch-back to the website's default language (english) and not in the language chosen in homepage. Why ? May I (and can I) deactivate the default language ?
When users are logged-in, no pb. But how can anonymous users read any public page in the language they have chosen ?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards.

Average of ratings  -
In reply to lisa madmood

Re: problems with languages display on other pages than homepage (in not connected mode)

per mark furrer,

Hello

I had exactly the same problem, but solved it right now.

Using Moodle 2.0.2

The solution is:

Go to Site Administration -> Language -> Language Setting -> Field "Languages on language menu"

Problem: de , fr , it , en -> exact the same problem like you

Solution: de,fr,it,en -> without the blanks, then it works

Perhaps this will help you

Mark