problems with languages display on other pages than homepage (in not connected mode)

problems with languages display on other pages than homepage (in not connected mode)

by lisa madmood -
Number of replies: 1

I asked my questions first on the french support forum but it seems nobody can answer me, so I come here even is my english is not very good. I hope you will understand my problem...

I have displayed the languages menu on all the pages of the site but I have problems with the display of the language chosen on pages others than the homepage.
I specify that I have this problem only in not connected mode (when users are logged-in they can see without any problem all pages in the language set in their profile).

Pb n°1 - When I change the language since an internal page, I return automatically to the homepage. What do I have to modify in the code to have the current/active page simply translated in the chosen language? (Without return in the homepage) It Is possible?

Pb n°2 - When I'm logged-off and choose a language since the homepage, the homepage turns without pb into the chosen language, but if I click a link of my menu (which corresponds to a resource html common page), the page switch-back to the website's default language (english) and not in the language chosen in homepage. Why ? May I (and can I) deactivate the default language ?
When users are logged-in, no pb. But how can anonymous users read any public page in the language they have chosen ?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to lisa madmood

Re: problems with languages display on other pages than homepage (in not connected mode)

by mark furrer -

Hello

I had exactly the same problem, but solved it right now.

Using Moodle 2.0.2

The solution is:

Go to Site Administration -> Language -> Language Setting -> Field "Languages on language menu"

Problem: de , fr , it , en -> exact the same problem like you

Solution: de,fr,it,en -> without the blanks, then it works

Perhaps this will help you

Mark