Does anyone have paypal enrolment working in 2.0?

Does anyone have paypal enrolment working in 2.0?

by bill smalls -
Number of replies: 11

I cannot get this to work, payment receives fine but paypal does not notify moodle that it was completed properly.

IPN settings are all correct within PayPal and it sends a response, but in that response I do not see a userid.

Help please..

Average of ratings: -
In reply to bill smalls

Re: Does anyone have paypal enrolment working in 2.0?

by Ginger Glomstead -

Hi Bill,

Did you ever get a resolution for your PayPal issue?  I am having a similar issue.  When students pay for the first course they are automatically enrolled in the first course.  No problem with them accessing it. 

When they enrol in the second course, I get the PayPal payment notification email, but the student is not enrolled in the course.  I have to manually enrol them.  The students do get the confirmation link from Paypal that takes them back to my Moodle site, but because they are not "PayPal enrolled" they cannot not access the second course.

I double checked that both courses are set to PayPal enrolment and that Authenication is set to email based self-registration. 

The person I spoke with at PayPal Technical support said that it is an IPN URL issue.  The first IPN message for the first course enrollment is sent successfully but the IPN message for the second course is sent and fails, giving an HTTP 440 response and not the 200ok response. 

I hope to hear from some body on this and to have it resolved soon.

ginger

In reply to Ginger Glomstead

by Dan Trouten -

I'm so new at moodle it just ain't funny. But...I read something in the documentation that leads me to believe you get an on/off record keeping in the moodle backend when a person is enrolled. So, maybe, just guessing...if the person is already enrolled in a course paid through paypal the system has them "on" for paid as an enrolled student. They may have to be out of the system from their last course before they can enroll in another one. Not just completed but off the register. Kind of like you can't clock in twice in a row at work. You have to be clocked out of the last time you clocked in before you can be clocked in again. Am I making  sense?

In reply to Dan Trouten

by Ginger Glomstead -

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your input and I get what you are saying.

Something kept telling me to double checked my PayPal UTF-8 settings per Shawn's instructions he posted in Feb.  When I worked with PayPal integration to set up my account, they said UTF-8 was set by default and when I asked Merchant Tech support they said the same thing and that they double checked it too (March 10th). 

When I looked this morning, it was set to Windows - 1252.   I have no idea if this is what is causing the 2nd course purchase auto enroll issue I am having but I changed it to UTF-8. 

I also double checked the Site Administration > Server > Email > setting in my Moodle site and it was set to UTF-8. 

I appreciate if anyone reading this posting can advise me on my situation, if I fixed it, etc, please let me know.  I am relatively new to Moodle as well and not a tech guru.  When I studied computer programming there was only one book on the subject and 40 chapters (funny huh? 1980 what??). 

I wish the Authorize.Net plugin was available for Moodle 2.0.  I had no problems with it in Moodle 1.9.  But using that version was short lived because I had new user email confirmation relay issues due to the shared hosting plan I was on.  It would take any where from 20-30 minutes for the new user to get their new user account confirmation email.  I had to seek out another hosting provider and that is working just fine now.

ginger

by Dan Trouten -

No problem.smile I will be in the same boat as the school I am moodling is going into the multiple short courses available thing. As for the rest of your post...now I feel old!!! I learned my first computer programming on a teletype logged onto a main frame through a modem the size of a shoebox with the phone handset shoved in a holder on the top!!! (1973)...

In reply to Dan Trouten

by Carol Cooper-Taylor -
Hi Dan
You are not the only "oldie" here. I also remember those old modems with the phone on the top. But my partner goes back even further as a punch card operator and punch card verifier. Ah the old days!
In reply to Carol Cooper-Taylor

by Dan Trouten -

Yep...All those "geeks" in the late 60's early 70's that spent all night playing cards!!!

In reply to Dan Trouten

by Ginger Glomstead -

Hi Dan,

The Language Encoding change to UFT-8 in PayPal was all that was needed to eliminate the issue I was having with students purchasing a second course and not being auto enrolled.

I have had 4 student purchases courses since I changed the PayPal setting to UFT-8 and no issues at all with them having access to the second course. 

Thank you again Shawn LoPorto for posting the PayPal instructions ! ! !

Ginger

by Shawn LoPorto -

Glad my notes are helping everyone out!

by Jeff Martin -

yes is there any plan to provide a core plugin for Authorize.net in Moodle 2.1?  That would be awesome and used by many I am sure.

In reply to bill smalls

by wellness systems -

Mine is not working.  Everything has been setup according to specifications on both the Moodle and PayPal side, but:

Users are not enrolled upon payement!!!

The message to users is that their 'payment has not been fully processed' although everything is complete on the PayPal IPN and both parties receive PayPal receipts.

In reply to bill smalls

by Kamal Joshi -

I have version - 2.0.2 and also mine is not working. I tried each and every possible solution provided in moodle forums but nothing changes.

I have followed steps from this forum http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=16883 but still no luck. I have checked with sandbox and its working really great. Its weired that same options are not working on paypal. Even changed port no from 80 to 443 but as I said no luck.