Moodle 2: how to hide a week?

Moodle 2: how to hide a week?

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 12

I'm using the weekly format for a live course in Moodle 2.  If I select the box next to the week, then that week becomes the only week displayed.  I don't want that.  I want to be able to hide the current week I am working on.  In Moodle 1.9x I could just select the eye next to the week to hide/show individual weeks.  How do I do this in Moodle 2 ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Deleted user

Re: Moodle 2: how to hide a week?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Are you saying you don't have the "eye" next to sections in Moodle 2.0? Have you tried changing themes?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Deleted user -

Yes, no eyeball to hide/show the week.  You can make the selected week the only one displayed, but that's it.

I'm using the Form Factor theme built-in.  I changed to NonZero and Arialist and had the same result.  I checked the demo.moodle.org course and there's no eyeball next to weekly formatted courses in there either.

BTW:  I'm reading your First Look book.

In reply to Deleted user

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Ah that's interesting- it is definitely theme related - I checked and Anomaly and Standard do have the eye but as you say, others don't. I wonder if there's anything in the tracker? Will take a looksmile

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Richard Jones -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hello Mary

Also like the book but having the same "no eye" problem using a modified arialist theme.

regards

Richard

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Mary, if you can't find this problem reported in the Moodle Tracker, please create an issue for it, so it can be quickly fixed by a theme developer.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Mary Cooch -

Ok here it is http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-26084

I am sure I recall this being mentioned months ago but as I can't find the original forum post or tracker issue I have made the above.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Deleted user -

Thank you.  I put my vote in the tracker and changed my theme to Standard until it's fixed.

Jeff

In reply to Deleted user

by Mary Cooch -

I have just looked again - by chance, checking another tracker issue, and now strangely I CAN see the eye in weekly sections in Arialist and Non-Zero - where I couldn't before - it is mysterious because I don't recall  having made any changes- I am going off to investigate more...

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Mary Cooch -

Ok - might have a solution for this guys if you could check your Moodles please - on my own Moodle 2.0 it works fine but in my profile I have Ajax: yes - use advanced web features enabled. On the QA moodle I just checked and they had only no:use basic webfeatures - and couldn't see the eye  -if you change to Yes  - you get the eyes back. Thanks to Ralf Hilgenstock who posted that as a bug in the tracker..if you could confirm this please on this thread... I think there IS a bug, but it isn't the bug we thought with themes; rather it is a bug with Ajax...

Ralf's tracker entry here:http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-26100

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Sally McCoy -

Yes, I've just editted my profile as you say, and its solved this problem. Thanks.

In reply to Sally McCoy

by Julia Küfner -

I had the same Problem with 2.0 after upgrading to 2.03 it was fixed.

Now that I upgraded to 2.04 it occured again.

Can someone confirm this ?