Student needs extended access after semester ends

Student needs extended access after semester ends

by Longfei Yu -
Number of replies: 2

For example, I have a course with 30 students this semester. After semester ends, the course becomes "not available" to students. However, there are 3 students (who have enrolled for this semester) still needing the access for another months to finish something.

How to do this? I search the site, and found the enrollment key, but I do not think it will work. In Blackboard, we have "Deny"/"Allow" option for each student, so we can manually select who should be allowed, who should be denied.

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Longfei Yu

Re: Student needs extended access after semester ends

by Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Longfei,

One option to do this is by copying the student role and renaming it to something like "Student - deny access to course." Within this role, scroll down to course view and select "prevent." Add this role to all students who should no longer have access to this course. (FYI: A user can have more than one role in Moodle). The site administrator needs to do this on the front page of your site.

With kind regards,

Hartmut

In reply to Longfei Yu

Re: Student needs extended access after semester ends

by Михаил Осипов -

An easier way exists. You set the course for a longer period, and students who previously handled when you save them from the course evaluations exclude people in the block. The remaining students have to pass the course