Import Grades in 2.0

Import Grades in 2.0

by Rick Bruderick -
Number of replies: 3

I'm using Moodle 2.0 now.  My server guy formatted the drive where I was using Moodle 1.9 a month ago.  I decided to use the opportunity to switch to 2.0.  Not totally happy with that decision.  Lot's of 1.9 things don't work anymore.  Kinda sucks.

To the main question: importing the old grades.

I created offline activities for a bunch of the old (deleted) assignments, then I made a CSV file and tried to import the grades in Moodle 2.0, which seemed to work well, but the grades are all empty.  Why?  No errors.   "Successful."  message received.  But empty grades.

Anyone know what's going on here?

Thank you!

In reply to Rick Bruderick

Re: Import Grades in 2.0

by Andrew Davis -

Theres something broken in 2.0's grade import. Ive raised MDL-25887 to have it fixed.

In reply to Andrew Davis

Re: Import Grades in 2.0

by itay 2222 -

so hmm... I don't know... oh yeah: any chance of this being fixed before the next spring break?

I checked it under 1.9, indeed no problem.

I also took the effort of looking inside the code (at moodle1.9\grade\import\csv\index.php) - I was just curious - anyway, it really doesn't look like a big deal. I would have probably solved it myself - and why won't I? well I guess I should, I just don't like moodle that much. but I do understand that nobody owes me anything in fixing this bug.

so, I'm just putting it outhere: moodle 2.0 is buggy when it comes to importing grades.

that's it smile

thanks.