How to enter daily work grades.

How to enter daily work grades.

by Donna Servais -
Number of replies: 1

Hi.  I'm a VERY newbie.  In my writing course, we have process-based daily work activities.  Apparently, I am now required to give these a "grade."  Pre-Moodle, I used +, OK, and - as indicators.  Do you think I could use these designations under a Daily Work category in Moodle?  Would I write them out in the "letter grade" section as "plus," "okay," or "minus"?  Should I abandon this idea altogether?  What do you recommend for daily in-class work such as brainstorming, pre-writing activities, etc.?

Thank you so much for your advice.---D.

In reply to Donna Servais

Re: How to enter daily work grades.

by Itamar Tzadok -

You should probably create a custom scale for that. Better leave the letter grade for letter grades.

Either -,+ or inadequate,adequate or satisfactory,good or whatever works for you. As in these examples the scale should be defined from low to high, comma delimited. If you set the grading method of the activity to this scale, these labels will be displayed in the grade report. For grade calculation purposes the gradebook will treat the labels as integers 1-n according to the number of items in the scale. In your case - will be treated as 1 and + as 2.  hth smile