Administrator Lost Permissions

Administrator Lost Permissions

by Allison Holden -
Number of replies: 2

I am an administrator and changed the permissions of the student role by "prohibiting" several actions for their use. After saving this and going back to the homepage, I (as an administrator) have no access to editing basically everything on the site. I'm thinking by prohibiting the student role from several capabilities that it prohibited me as well. See the attached screenshot of my administrator capabilities. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Attachment Untitled.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Allison Holden

Re: Administrator Lost Permissions

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

What is Front Page Role set to? If it is Student, that would explain what you are seeing - because all users, even you, will be automatically given that role when looking at the site front page.

Also, Prohibit is probably to what you want. You should only use that for very specific situations. If you don't want students to do X, then it is almost always correct to set the capability to 'Not set'.

In reply to Allison Holden

Re: Administrator Lost Permissions

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Just moving this discussion thread to the Roles and capabilities forum...