"Lock value" field in authentication by ldap

"Lock value" field in authentication by ldap

by denis cahalane -
Number of replies: 4
I've been trying this feature in version 1.5, but it doesn't seem to work for me. I can lock a field all right, but if a user logs in and tries to change any other part of his profile, it refuses to play ball. When he clicks update, it returns him to the profile form with "This value cannot be edited!" next to the locked field, even though he hasn't attempted to change it.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to denis cahalane

Re: "Lock value" field in authentication by ldap

by denis cahalane -
Now that 1.5 has reached alpha status (and very nice it looks too) can I raise this issue again? I logged it in the bug tracker as well, but haven't heard anything.

I'm using ldap authentication to Novell Edirectory, and have set Lock Value to yes for givenname. When a user tries to change - say - his surname, it refuses him with the message  "This value cannot be edited!" next to the givenname.

by Julian Ridden -

I too am in the same predicament.

Anyone able to assist here?

In reply to Julian Ridden

by Martín Langhoff -
Julian, Dennis, anyone else seeing this problem -- can you head over to the bugtracker and help me with a bit of info...? The bug item is http://moodle.org/bugs/bug.php?op=show&bugid=2430

Clearly, Moodle thinks you have modified the fields when you haven't. What fields are those? Does it happen with all the users or just some? If it's just with some users, could it be related to the length (number of characters) of data in the field?

What fields have you locked?

cheers,

martin

by John Papaioannou -
I have just committed a patch that looks like it fixes this problem (I don't have LDAP myself to test it though).

Can you update to the latest version and see if the problem persists, please?

Note: you will probably need to wait for a few hours until the fix is available through public CVS and the download packages.

Jon