Recent Activity Block – Please bring it back!!!

Recent Activity Block – Please bring it back!!!

by Karrie V -
Number of replies: 8

Is there an option to keep the recent activity block ? I for one prefer it to the new view for the following reasons:

1. It tracks in time order I may be logged on for an hour and every time I refresh the newest posts go to the bottom and I never miss anything by logging out and logging back in. With the new format in forum order it is very possible to overlook a new post since it is not in chronological order.
  2. I like to see the most recent changes by the teacher show up on the side so that I know to check those areas out first
  3. I like to see if anyone is in the chat this prompts students to log into the chat room

I do LOVE all the new features, this is just one change that I personally dont care for.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Karrie V

Re: Recent Activity Block – Please bring it back!!!

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
This is just me playing with the course, trying to make it cope better with the huge traffic.  Moodle itself hasn't changed.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Karrie V -

I am sooooooooooo glad to hear that. I got scared when it disappeared!! I use this block ALL the time!

In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Jens Gammelgaard -
Picture of Translators

Hi Martin!

Would it be a problem to have a feature, where resent activities actually are the most resent: So that the newest post are shown first and then descending?

Have I overseen this feature?

BR
Jens

In reply to Jens Gammelgaard

by Gustav W Delius -
Now that blocks can have configuration options this would be easy to implement and I would like it. The way the activities are ordered currently does not work well for people who tend to remain logged on for long periods. 
In reply to Gustav W Delius

by Karrie V -
I'm glad to see I am not the only one who likes the old way better smile
In reply to Karrie V

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
...and when did it start showing exactly 48 hours worth of recent activity rather than since the last login? This has produced a significant number of complaints since we upgraded our production servers to 1.4.4.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
There's been no changes there in a long time ... 48 hours is a maximum, as I recall, otherwise, yes, it does use last login (try logging out and getting back in)