Problem Using Scales and Category Totals

Problem Using Scales and Category Totals

by Dallas Becker -
Number of replies: 1

I'm new to Moodle.  I introduced it to my school this year, and we are using version 1.9.9.   I work in a German public school.  In Germany grades are reported on what is in essence a 16 point scale.  Highest grade is a 1+ and lowest is a 6.  If you are above 10th grade you are given a grade from 1 to 15, but in this case 15 is the highest grade. (Go figure)  I created 2 scales to do this. Picture of ScalesOne of my teachers is using the 15 point scale with multiple categories.  For some reason in the MC category the total is the same as the first graded object even though he has set it up to be a mean of grades.

Here is how the gradebook is setup:

I'll also show a capture of how the MC assignment is setup:

Ideally we want the gradebook to treat these scales as the number 0 to 15 and give us a simple mean grade.  The kicker is that we don't want it to show percentages anywhere.  Right now I can't even get it to show the proper category total for this class.  The '6 point scale' is functioning perfectly in other courses.  Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

In reply to Dallas Becker

Re: Problem Using Scales and Category Totals

by Itamar Tzadok -

Ideally we want the gradebook to treat these scales as the number 0 to 15

You can set the Offset of the grade item to -1 and the 1-16 scale will become  0-15 in the gradebook. smile