Grades shown to teacher not shown to student

Grades shown to teacher not shown to student

by Howard Miller -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I have a problem which I *think* appeared after upgrade from 1.9.9 to 1.9.10

The grader report shown to staff shows a number of grades that are not shown in the student report. They are all categories but only categories are shown to students, actually activities are hidden.

So, in the teacher grade report (say) Category 3 shows a 'pass' (using custom scale) but the same category seen by the student just shows a '-'.

The category is not hidden and the option to view the grade over a certain date range is disabled. The gradebook is really difficult to debug so, before I spend hours on it, does anybody have any good ideas where to start?

BTW... we are using the 'subcourse' module too but I'm not convinced this has anything directly to do with it. Basically the teacher report shows something different from the student report sad
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Grades shown to teacher not shown to student

by Teresa Gibbison -

Hi Howard

I found this in one of our courses that has no sub-categories within the gradebook and only 1 of the activities is hidden via the gradebook.

I tried very hard to determine what the teacher had done (changed a total or a weighting, overridden the total, changed the grade type to 'None' etc) but couldn't see anything wrong.

I did figure out (from playing about) that if I locked the total it displayed for the student, this was OK but we did have to remember to unlock the total before altering one of the grades which was a pain!

We're on version Moodle 1.9.10 (Build: 20101026)

I'm not sure if that helps...

Cheers
Teresa