Gradebook Categories

Gradebook Categories

by Greg Lunsford -
Number of replies: 2

What is the best setup when using the gradebook categories, I use the categories to reduce the amount of item on my screen and so I can see who I'm grading. When I use the default settings: Simple weighted mean of grades/Aggregate only non-empty grades checked, but the math does not seem to add up.

It doesn't matter if I change the range values of the categories to match the total number of points available points that are possible for each category or try to base it on a percent the course total does not seem to make sense to me.

Any advice would be appreciated, Thank You

Greg

In reply to Greg Lunsford

Re: Gradebook Categories

by Michael Woods -
Picture of Core developers

Hi Greg,

Maybe you could post a screenshot of the grader report, or a single user report (blur out the names etc...)? It will make it easier for others to spot exactly what is not adding up.

Cheers,
Michael

In reply to Michael Woods

Re: Gradebook Categories

by Greg Lunsford -

Here's my problem why does the grade differ when I put them in categories. These are the same except the one on the bottom is categorized and the one on the top is not. Why does the grade change when I put them in categories? And the grade without the categories mathematically makes sense.