Upgrade problems

Upgrade problems

by Diana Clarke -
Number of replies: 2
I am running Moodle on an Xserve with Mac OS 10.3.x. Apache 1.29 or 31 and PHP4.3.6 (I think) are runninng on the server. Everything was fine in Moodle version 1.2 or 3 - which I have been running since August. I should add that I do not have direct access to the server - only FTP.

I tried to upgrade to Moodle 1.4.2 and ran into problems. The most significant one was that all of my students were UNenrolled from their classes. When I downgraded back to the old Moodle version, I get the error message (sometimes) that the code is older than the databases.

Also in the upgrade, some of the buttons (graphics?) in the lower left and right corner don't display properly in Safari (which is the browser most often used at school)

My site is here: http://rmhs.d214.org/moodle/ currently running the older Moodle version, but since the enrollment are lost, I may go back to the updated version anyway and just leave it. Most utilized class was the Leaders 1 - under RMHS Physical Education. It has an enrollment key, however - which I will send you if you are going to help me with this... justdiana@mac.com

Thanks for reading! This is GREAT stuff, eh?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Diana Clarke

Re: Upgrade problems - a correction to the original

by Diana Clarke -
A correction to the above - in restoring the older Moodle version, I have regained the students enrolled and access to all of their work. I should add that I generally "administer" this site. I have a couple Staff Development courses on it - the rest are teacher created courses for high school classroom use.

Thanks, again!
In reply to Diana Clarke

Re: Upgrade problems

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
In short - don't know. You can't really downgrade Moodle - the database changes may stop the older code working properly. If it helps, and you are happy to do so, you can contact me privately and I will have a look at your installation and/or retry the upgrade myself.