Please Help : Problem with step 19 for windows install

Please Help : Problem with step 19 for windows install

by roopali sharma -
Number of replies: 12

I followed the steps listed under http://moodle.org/doc/?frame=install.html for windows and everything worked fine until step 18.

When I tried to access http://localhost/moodle/admin/ it doest seem to work and I cant proceed further.  

Average of ratings: -
In reply to roopali sharma

Re: Please Help : Problem with step 19 for windows install

by Ken Crabb -

I am having the same problem.  I get the following error messages:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in c:\program files\easyphp\www\moodle\config.php on line 89

Fatal Error: Call to undefined function: check_php_versiojn() in c:\program files\easyphp\www\moodle\admin\index.php on line15

Any suggestions?

In reply to Ken Crabb

by Gustav W Delius -

Ken reported:

Fatal Error: Call to undefined function: check_php_versiojn() in c:\program files\easyphp\www\moodle\admin\index.php on line15

There clearly appears to be a typo in  \moodle\admin\index.php on line 15 because the function should be called check_php_version() rather than check_php_versiojn().

Does it work after correcting this typo?

In reply to Gustav W Delius

by Ken Crabb -
Thanks for your assistance.  The typo was mine when I typed the error message.  I am still getting the error.  However, I would like to know if there should be a version number between the parenthesis or do you have any other suggestions?
In reply to Ken Crabb

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
The problem is in config.php ... make sure you have completed all quotes surrounding settings, and also that they all have a semicolon ... it's easy to accidentally delete them.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Ken Crabb -

Thanks!  The problem was I had deleted a semicolon.  You're doing great work!!!

Thanks, Ken

In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Ken Crabb -

Martin,

You won't believe it!! I completed the entire setup of my site to include creating the top-level administrator.  However, I either forgot it or Moodle is not accepting my administration username and password and I cannot login.  I deleted all the Moodle files from the server and replaced them, but it did not allow me to enter setup again.  Is there a way to re-register as the top-level administrator?

Thanks again for all of your help.

Ken

In reply to Ken Crabb

by John Gone -
Are you getting an error message?
In reply to John Gone

by Ken Crabb -

Yes.  I am getting a message above the login box that says "Invalid Login. Try Again."  After some more tries I get a new page and message: "Sorry, you have exceed the allowed number of login attempts.  Restart your browser." 

I should add that I have my cookies turned on.  Although, I deleted the cookies on my computer when I deleted all files on the host computer to try to resolve the problem and reloaded a complete copy of of Moodle.  Do you know what file(s) stores the login username and password?  I thought I might try to delete those files and start again.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.  It will be appreciated.

Ken

In reply to Ken Crabb

by Ken Crabb -

The password problem is solved.  I was able to change the password and now have access. 

Thanks to all.

Ken

In reply to Ken Crabb

by John Gone -
Great! Glad it's working now. What'd you do to get it working?
In reply to John Gone

by Ken Crabb -

I simply used the lost password feature and changed my password.  Sometimes it is hard for me to look for the simple way.

Thanks for your concern and assistance, Ken

In reply to Ken Crabb

by John Gone -
Thanks for letting us know the resolution. Glad all's well.

I obviously suffer from the same affliction. Sometimes the answer just seems to be too simple so that can't possibly be it... big grin

John