Module '_vti_cnf' is not readable - check permissions

Module '_vti_cnf' is not readable - check permissions

by Robert Lefebvre -
Number of replies: 4
I've completed the install but throught it the above error was posted at the top of the pages. I've got the entire moodle folder permissions set at 777. What else could be causing this?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Robert Lefebvre

Re: Module '_vti_cnf' is not readable - check permissions

by John Gone -
A Frontpage issue. Create the page in Frontpage but then use FTP instead of "publishing" it from within Frontpage. Moodle is trying to install the _vti_cnf as a module.
In reply to John Gone

by Robert Lefebvre -
Thanks John.
In reply to Robert Lefebvre

by John Gone -
Hi Robert,
Just wondering if you managed to get rid of the error message and if so, how?
John
In reply to John Gone

by Robert Lefebvre -

Hey John,

You were right on the money, my friend. I had loaded the folder with Frontpage. So, I did the only sensible thing to domixed.gif I started overwideeyes.gif(I look like this after being at the key board too long).

I am glad to announce that I have entered the moodling community with a site at www.advertisite.us/moodle

I've been doing some course creation, to get a feel for it, and am really excited about this. This is great! I mean, I can just see this internet classroom already.

I emailed a missionary buddy down in Brasil  who is working with the street kids in the favelas and told him about moodle. He has formed some of them into a first aid/paramedic group and they respond to events in the favela. They're doing pretty good at it and he has been trying to get the local paramedics involved. I think moodle might be a bridge for them to do that. I think the paramedics can end up having blocks of idle time at the station house where they can design and facilitate the courses. I haven't heard back from him about the idea, but I've made my site available to him if he wants to start some kind of paramedic course.

I've got a request in at one of the other forums for ideas about structuring such a course at moodle.org -> Using Moodle -> Forums -> Teaching online with Moodle -> online first aid course

Back to the installation, I do need to finish up the setup of the zip functionality. I don't have a clue on how to set this up on a hosting server. Is this something you only can do if you have admin access to the server? It seems like you would.

Thanks for all your help

Robert