Change Teacher Capability for Deleting Activity

Change Teacher Capability for Deleting Activity

by Jalpa Bhavsar -
Number of replies: 4

How can I change the Teacher role to restrict him/her to Delete an activity ?

I tried to use manageactivities from Define roles section under Site Administrative block, but It doesn't allow the rest of capability like editing , visibility, moving, etc

How can I do so ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jalpa Bhavsar

Re: Change Teacher Capability for Deleting Activity

by Tony James Santos -

Hi,

You may try using the overrride permission under the course context.  Go to the course and then click on the "Assign Roles" on the left hand pane.  On the tab "Override Permission" you can set or custmized further the permission on that particular course. 

On the other hand, if you wish to have this activated to all courses.  Use the assign role link when you go to the Course Categories section.  It is located at the upper right hand of the page when you go to see all courses under a category. 

Hope this helps.

Tony 

In reply to Tony James Santos

by Jalpa Bhavsar -

No, I dont want to override any role to another role.

While Turning editing "ON" there are different icons like move activity, edit, group, visible , delete, etc

in this i want that delete activity should not be assigned to teacher role. so now teacher can view edit, group,visible, etc but cannot show delete icon and delete a actiivty. sad

In reply to Jalpa Bhavsar

by Tony James Santos -

Hi,

I understand what you meant.  As far as I know the only capability available both includes creation and deletion of activities.  They are not separated.  Users who are permitted to create an activity will also have the permission to delete and activity. 

moodle/course:manageactivities

If you see the documentation (click on the link) of the above capabitlity it permits to add/update/delete activities in a course.  Either you get all or lose all.  

-Tony 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)