Multiple chat rooms listing all users in chat

Multiple chat rooms listing all users in chat

by Bruce Tenison -
Number of replies: 9
On our site, we have created a chat room for each individual course as well as an "Open Chat Room" similar to the one you have on this site.  What we're seeing is that these people cannot chat with each other across rooms (as expected.)  For example, I have a DPT222, a DPT149 and an Open Chat Room.  If people are in all three chat rooms they can only chat with the people in the same chat room.   Again, this is as expected.

However, ALL users of chat are listed in the right hand frame.  If I go into the DPT222 chat room, I see all of the DPT222, the DPT149 and the Open Chat Room users listed.

I am using the chat daemon and the latest 1.4.3 pulled from cvs as of today 12/8/2004 with the chat log fixes.

(The chat room had the same behavior before these fixes also.)

Do I have something possibly misconfigured, or is this a bug?  I tried to search for another similar problem on the forums, but could not find anything.
Thanks!
Bruce
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bruce Tenison

Re: Multiple chat rooms listing all users in chat

by John Papaioannou -
Thanks for the report, Bruce! I 've made an investigation and it does look like a bug. The fix will go into CVS as soon as I can properly test it.

To make sure that you 're notified of when that happens and also to keep things nicely organized, I suggest you open a new issue in the bug tracker and assign it to me (pj). smile

Jon
In reply to John Papaioannou

by John Papaioannou -
Fix tested and put into both the 1.4 release branch and 1.5 development. Your next Moodle upgrade will come with this included. Thanks again!

by Don Hinkelman -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Jon,

Does this fix also take care of the problem reported in this topic...
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=14328
If not, should I file a bug report?

Thanks! smile Don
In reply to Don Hinkelman

by John Papaioannou -
Hi Don!

No, that's an unrelated issue (and I haven't looked at it so I have no idea about why/when it happens). Feel free to open a new bug.

Jon

by Bruce Tenison -
Cool!  Thanks for the quick fix!!!

Bruce

by Crafton Williams -
Hi:

I've updated the chat module to the updated version from the "Downloads and Add ons" page. However I'm still experiencing the multiple chat rooms listing issue. Do I need to restart the daemon to see the changes?

Crafton

by Crafton Williams -
Hi:

I've updated the chat module to the updated version from the "Downloads and Add ons" page. However I'm still experiencing the multiple chat rooms listing issue. Do I need to restart the daemon to see the changes?

Crafton

by Crafton Williams -
Hi:

Crafton